- ¶ THE LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- See, I have called by name Bezaliel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah;
- And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and in understanding, and in knowledge and in all manner of workmanship,
- To teach cunning works, to do work in gold and in silver and in brass
- And in the art of cutting of stones to be set and in the carving of timber and in all manner of workmanship.
- And I, behold, have appointed with him Elihab, the son of Ahisamakh, of the tribe of Dan;
and I have put wisdom in the heart of every skillful man that he may make all things which I have commanded you:
- The tabernacle of the congregation, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is thereupon, and all the vessels of the tabernacle,
- And the table and all its vessels, and the pure candlestick with all its instruments, and the altar of incense,
- And the altar of burnt offering with all its vessels, and the laver and its base,
- And the vestments for the service, and the holy vestments for Aaron the priest, and the vestments for his sons, to minister to me in the priest’s office,
- And the anointing oil, and the sweet incense for the holy place;
according to all that I have commanded you, shall they do.
- ¶ And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- Speak to the children of Israel, saying, My sabbaths you must keep;
for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations;
that you may know that I am the LORD your God who sanctifies you.
- You shall keep the sabbath;
for it is holy to you;
every one who defiles it shall surely be put to death;
and whoever shall do any work on it, that soul shall surely be cut off from among his people.
- Six days you shall do work;
but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD;
whosoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.
- Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath to the LORD to observe the sabbath throughout all their generations for a perpetual covenant.
- It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever;
for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth and the seas and all that are therein, and on the seventh day he ceased from work and rested.
- And he gave to Moses, when he had made an end of talking with him on mount Sinai, two tablets of testimony, the stone tablets written by the finger of God.