- ¶ THEN Bezaliel and Elihab and every wise man to whom the LORD gave wisdom and understanding to know how to work all manner of work for the service of the sanctuary did everything, according to all that the LORD had commanded.
- And Moses called Bezaliel and Elihab and every skillful man in whose heart the LORD had put wisdom, every one whose heart stirred him up to come to do the work.
- And they received of Moses all the offering which the children of Israel had brought for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, with which to make it.
And they brought yet to him free offerings every morning.
- And all the skillful men who did the work of the sanctuary brought in every man some of his work which he made;
- And they said to Moses, The people bring much more than is necessary for the service of the work which the LORD commanded to make.
- And Moses gave command, which the heralds proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary.
So the people were restrained.
- For the stuff they had was sufficient for all the things they had to make, and some was left over.
- ¶ And all the skillful men among those who did the work of the tabernacle made ten curtains of fine twined linen and blue and purple and scarlet material;
with cherubim artistically wrought they made them.
- The length of each curtain was twenty-eight cubits, and the breadth of each curtain four cubits;
the curtains were all of one size.
- And they coupled the five curtains one to another;
and the other five curtains they coupled one to another.
- And they made loops of blue on the edge of each curtain from the selvedge in the coupling;
likewise they wrought on the other edge of the curtain, on the coupling of the second.
- They made fifty loops on the one curtain and fifty loops on the edge of the curtain which was in the coupling of the second;
the loops were opposite each other.
- And they made fifty clasps of gold, and coupled the curtains one to another with the clasps so that it became one tabernacle.
- ¶ And they made curtains of goats’ hair for the tent over the tabernacle;
they made eleven curtains.
- The length of each curtain was thirty cubits, and the breadth of each curtain four cubits;
the eleven curtains were of one size.
- And they coupled five curtains by themselves, and six curtains by themselves.
- And they made fifty loops on the edge of the curtain in the coupling, and fifty loops on the edge of the curtain which coupled the second.
- And they made fifty clasps of brass to couple the tent together, that it might be one.
- And they made a covering for the tent of rams’ skins dyed red and a covering of badgers’ skins above that.
- And they made boards for the tabernacle of shittim wood, standing up.
- The length of each board was ten cubits, and the breadth of each board one cubit and a half.
- Each board had two sockets, one exactly opposite the other;
thus did they make all the boards of the tabernacle.
- And they made boards for the tabernacle;
twenty boards for the south side:
- And forty sockets of silver they made under the twenty boards;
two sockets under one board for its two tenons, and two sockets under another board for its two tenons.
- And for the other side of the tabernacle, which is toward the north side, they made twenty boards,
- And their forty sockets of silver;
two sockets under one board, and two sockets under another board.
- And for the side of the tabernacle westward they made six boards.
- And two boards made they for the corners of the tabernacle on the two sides.
- And they were coupled beneath, and coupled together at the top thereof, to one ring;
thus they made both of them in both the corners.
- And there were eight boards;
and their sockets were sixteen sockets of silver, under every board two sockets.
- And they made bars of shittim wood;
five bars for the boards of the one side of the tabernacle,
- And five bars for the boards of the other side of the tabernacle, and five bars for the boards of the tabernacle for the side westward.
- And they made the middle bar to pass through the boards from the one end to the other.
- And they overlaid the boards with gold, and made their rings of gold to be places for the bars, and overlaid the bars with gold.
- ¶ And they made a veil of blue and purple and scarlet material and fine twined linen;
with cherubim made they it of the work of an artist.
- And they made for it four pillars of shittim wood, and overlaid them with gold;
their hooks were of gold: and they cast for them four sockets of silver.
- And they made a hanging for the door of the tabernacle, of blue and purple and scarlet material anti fine twined linen of needlework;
- And they made the five pillars of it with their hooks;
and they overlaid their capitals and their fillets with gold;
but their five sockets were of brass.