- ¶ THEN the LORD said to Moses, Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh;
for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and by a mighty arm shall he drive them out of his land.
- And God spoke to Moses and said to him, I am the LORD,
- Who appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of God Almighty;
but my name the LORD I did not make known to them.
- And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they dwelt.
- And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage;
and I have remembered my covenant.
- Therefore say to the children of Israel, I am the LORD your God, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from their bondage, and I will save you by a strong hand and by a mighty arm and with great judgments;
- And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God;
and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- And I will bring you into the land concerning which I swore to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob;
and I will give it to you for an inheritance;
I am the LORD.
- And Moses spoke so to the children of Israel;
but they did not listen to him, because of their misery and because of bondage.
- ¶ And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- Go in, and speak to Pharaoh king of Egypt that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.
- But Moses said to the LORD, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened to me;
how then shall Pharaoh listen to me, for I am a stutterer?
- And the LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron and gave them a charge to the children of Israel and to Pharaoh king of Egypt to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
- ¶ These are the heads of their fathers’ houses: the sons of Reuben the first-born of Israel;
Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi;
these are the families of Reuben.
- And the sons of Simeon: Jemuel, Jamin, Ohar, Jachin, Zohar, and Shaul, the son of a Canaanitish woman;
these are the families of Simeon.
- And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari;
and the years of the life of Levi were a hundred and thirty-seven years.
- The sons of Gershon: Libni, and Shimi, according to their families.
- And the sons of Kohath: Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel;
and the years of the life of Kohath were a hundred and thirty-three years.
- The sons of Merari: Mahali and Mushi;
these are the families of the Levites according to their generations.
- And Amram took his uncle’s daughter Jokhaber, and she bore him Aaron, Moses, and Miriam;
and the years of the life of Amram were a hundred and thirty-seven years.
- And the sons of Izhar: Korah, Nepheg, and Zichri.
- And the sons of Uzziel: Minshael, Elizphan, and Zithri.
- And Aaron took to wife Elisabeth, the daughter of Amminadab, sister of Nehshon, and she bore him Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
- And the sons of Korah: Assir, Hilkanah, and Akensap;
these are the families of the Korhites.
- And Eleazar, Aaron’s son, took him one of the daughters of Puntiel to wife;
and she bore him Phinehas;
these are the heads of the families of the Levites according to their tribes.
- These are Moses and Aaron, to whom the LORD said, Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt with all of their armies.
- It was they who spoke to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt: Moses and Aaron.
- And it came to pass on the day when the LORD spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt,
- That the LORD spoke to Moses, and said to him, I am the LORD;
speak to Pharaoh king of Egypt all that I say to you.
- And Moses said to the LORD, My tongue stutters;
how shall Pharaoh hearken to me?