- ¶ THEN I looked, and behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubim there appeared over them something with the appearance of a sapphire stone, and the form of a throne.
- And the voice spoke to the man clothed in linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherubim;
and fill your hand with the coals of fire from between the cherubim, and scatter them over the city.
And he went in my sight.
- Now the cherubim were standing on the right side of the house, when the man went in;
and the cloud filled the inner court.
- Then the glory of God went up from the cherub that stood over the threshhold of the house;
and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD’S glory.
- And the sound of the wings of the cherubim was heard as far as the outer court, like the voice of God when he speaks.
- And it came to pass, when he had commanded the man clothed with linen, saying, Take fire from between the wheels, from between the cherubim;
he went in and stood beside the wheels.
- Then one cherub stretched forth his hand from between the cherubim to the fire that was between the cherubim, and took thereof, and put it into the hands of the man who was clothed with linen, who took it and went out.
- ¶ And I looked, and behold, there appeared in the cherubim the form of a man’s hand under their wings.
- And I looked, and behold, there were four wheels beside the cherubim, one wheel beside each cherub, and the appearance of the wheels was like the color of beryl stone.
- And as for their appearance and the form, the four of them were alike, as if a wheel were in the midst of a wheel.
- When they went, they went upon four sides;
they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the first one went they followed it, they turned not as they went.
- And their whole body and their backs and their hands and their wings and the wheels were full of eyes when they turned on their sides.
- And as for the wheels, he called them Rolling Wheels, in my presence.
- And every one of them had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, and the second face was the face of a man, and the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
- And the cherubim were lifted up.
This is the same living creature that I saw by the river Chebar.
- And when the cherubim went, the wheels also went beside them;
and when the cherubim lifted up their wings to mount up from the earth, the wheels also turned not from beside them.
- When they stood, these stood;
and when they were lifted up, these were lifted up also;
when the cherubim lifted their wings, the wheels also lifted up with them;
for the spirit of life was in them.
- Then the glory of the LORD departed from the corner of the temple, and stood over the cherubim.
- And the cherubim lifted up their wings and mounted up from the earth in my sight;
when they went out, the wheels also were beside them, and they stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD’S house;
and the glory of the God of Israel was over them.
- These were the living creatures that I saw under the God of Israel by the river Chebar;
and I knew that they were the cherubim.
- Each one had four faces, and each one four wings;
and the likeness of a man’s hand was under their wings.
- And as for the likeness of their faces, they were like the same faces that I saw by the river Chebar, and their appearance was the same;
they went every one straight forward.