- ¶ AND the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, What shall happen to the wood of the vine more than to any wood, or to any branch of the trees which are among the trees of the forest?
- Shall wood be taken from the vine to make anything from it?
Or do men take a peg from it to hang vessels on it?
- Behold, it is cast into the fire for fuel;
and when the fire has consumed both ends of it and the middle of it is burned, is it good for any work?
- Behold, when it was whole, it was not useful for implements;
how much less shall it be useful when the fire has devoured it and it is destroyed?
- Therefore thus says the LORD God: As I have given the wood of the vine among all the trees of the forest to the fire for fuel, so I have given the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
- And I will pour out my anger against them;
they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall consume them;
and you shall know that I am the LORD, when I pour out my anger against them.
- And I will make the land desolate and a horror because they have committed iniquity, says the LORD God.