- ¶ AND he said to me, Son of man, stand upon your feet and I will speak with you.
- And the spirit entered into me when he spoke to me, and he set me upon my feet, and I heard him that spoke to me.
- And he said to me, Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious people who have risen up against me;
they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
- And they to whom I am sending you are impudent and stubborn children;
and you shall say to them, Thus says the LORD God of hosts.
- Perhaps they will listen and tremble (for they are a rebellious house), and they shall know that you are a prophet among them.
- ¶ And you, Son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be dismayed by their words, for they will deny you and denounce you;
for you dwell among scorpions;
fear not their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house.
- And you shall speak my words to them;
perhaps they will listen and tremble;
for they are a rebellious house.
- But you, Son of man, hear what I say to you;
and be not rebellious like that rebellious house: but open your mouth and eat what I shall give you.
- And when I looked, behold, a hand was stretched out to me;
and, lo, a scroll of a book was in it.
- And he spread it before me;
and it was written within and without;
and there were written in it chants, woes, and lamentations.