- ¶ AND it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the twelfth month, on the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- Son of man, make a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him, You are like a lion among the nations and you are like a sea monster;
you come forth in your rivers, and trouble the waters with your feet and foul their rivers.
- Thus says the LORD God: I will therefore spread out my net over you with a multitude of many people;
and they shall bring you up in my net.
- Then I will cast you out upon the land;
I will cast you forth upon the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the air to alight upon you and will fill the wild beasts of the whole earth with you.
- And I will scatter your flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys with your dust;
- I will also drench the land of your seers with your blood, and the mountains and the valleys shall be filled with your flesh.
- And when I shall put the light out of you, I will cover the heavens and make the stars thereof dark;
the sun shall be covered with clouds, and the moon shall not give her light.
- All the luminaries which give light in heaven will I make dark over you, and set darkness upon the land, says the LORD God.
- I will also vex the hearts of many people when I bring the news of your destruction among the nations, into the cities which you have not known.
- Yea, I will make many peoples aghast at you, and their kings shall be terrified because of you, when I brandish my sword in their presence;
and they shall tremble and be alarmed, every man for his own life, on the day of your fall.
- For thus says the LORD God: The sword of Babylon shall come upon you.
- By the sword of mighty men will I cause your might to fall, and with the sword of all the mighty men of the nations;
and they shall spoil the strength of Egypt, and all its wealth shall be plundered.
- I will also destroy its cattle from beside the great waters;
neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the hoof of cattle trouble them.
- Then I will make their waters clear, and cause their rivers to run smooth like oil, says the LORD God.
- When I have made the land of Egypt desolate, the land shall be destitute in its fullness;
when I shall smite all its inhabitants, they shall know that I am the LORD.
- This is the lamentation with which they shall lament her;
the daughters of the nations shall lament over Egypt;
and over all her wealth shall they lament, says the LORD God.
- ¶ It came to pass in the eleventh year, in the fifteenth day of the month, that the LORD came to me, saying,
- Son of man, make a lamentation over the army of Egypt, and cast down her people among the strong nations into the nether parts of the earth, with those who go down into the pit.
- Come down from the sweet water, and go down to sleep with the uncircumcised.
- They shall fall in the midst of those who are slain by the sword;
they shall bring her to ruin, and all her strength.
- The rulers of the nations shall speak to their young men out of the midst of Sheol;
they shall go down, and the uncircumcised shall lie with those who are slain by the sword;
- Assyria is there and all her people round about her grave;
all of them are slain, fallen by the sword.
- Those whose graves are set in the sides of the pit and her people are round about her grave;
all of them are slain, fallen by the sword, because they caused destruction in the land of the living.
- Elam is there and all her army round about her grave, all of them slain, fallen by the sword, who went down uncircumcised into the nether parts of the earth, because they caused destruction in the land of the living;
and they have borne their shame with those that go down into the pit.
- They have set her a bed among the slain in the midst of her army;
the graves of all the uncircumcised are round about her grave, all slain by the sword;
because they caused destruction in the land of the living;
they have borne their shame with those that go down into the pit, and they lie among the slain.
- Meshech is there, and Tubal, and all her host around about their graves;
all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword, because they caused destruction in the land of the living.
- And they shall lie with the valiant men who are fallen with the uncircumcised, who are gone down into Sheol with their weapons of war;
and they have laid their swords under their heads, and their iniquities are upon their bones, because they caused destruction with their might in the land of the living.
- You also shall sleep among the uncircumcised and shall lie among the slain by the sword.
- Edom is there, her kings and all her princes, who with their might were laid with those who were slain by the sword;
they shall lie with the uncircumcised and with those who go down to the pit.
- There are princes of the north, all of them and all the Zidonians, who are gone down with those that are slain by the sword, ashamed and fallen from their might;
and they lie uncircumcised with those that are slain by the sword, and have borne their shame with those who go down to the pit.
- Pharaoh shall see them and shall be comforted over all his army slain by the sword, even Pharaoh and all his army, says the LORD God.
- For I have caused his destruction in the land of the living, and caused him to be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with those that are slain by the sword, even Pharaoh, he and all his army, says the LORD God.