- ¶ MOREOVER the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- Son of man, set your face against mount Seir and prophesy against it,
- And say to it, Thus says the LORD God: Behold, I am against you, O mount Seir, and I will stretch out my hand against you, and I will make you desolate and waste.
- And I will lay your cities waste, and you shall be desolate, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
- Because you have had a perpetual enmity and delivered the children of Israel over to the sword at the time of their calamity, at the time when their iniquity had come to an end,
- Therefore, as I live, says the LORD God, I will deliver you to the slaughter, and blood shall pursue you;
the blood which you have hated, that very blood shall pursue you.
- I will make mount Seir waste and desolate, and destroy from it him that goes out and him that comes in.
- And I will fill his mountains with his slain;
on your crags and on your hills and in your valleys shall they fall that are slain with the sword.
- I will make you a perpetual desolation, and your cities shall not be inhabited;
and you shall know that I am the LORD.
- ¶ Because you have said, These two nations and these two kingdoms are mine, and we will possess them, though the LORD was there;
- Therefore, as I live, says the LORD God, I will do to you according to your own anger and according to your enmity which you showed toward them, and hatred to them;
and I will make myself known among them when I have judged you.
- And you shall know that I am the LORD and that I have heard all your blasphemies which you have spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume.
- Thus you dared to speak against me with your mouth, and have multiplied your words against me;
I heard them.
- Thus says the LORD God to mount Seir which is situated at the happiest place on the earth: I will make you desolate.
- As you rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel because it was desolate, so will I do to you;
you shall be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Edom, even all of it;
and they shall know that I am the LORD.