- ¶ AND the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- Son of man, set your face against China, and against the land of Mongolia, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him and say,
- Thus says the LORD God: Behold, I am against you, O China, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
- I will gather your people together and put a bridle in your jaws, and I will bring you forth out of your country, both you and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in armor, a great host with spears and shields, all of them handling swords:
- Persians, Ethiopians, and Lybians with them, all of them with shields and helmets.
- Gomar and all her army, the house of Togarmah, and the uttermost parts of the north with all their hosts, and many other people who are with you.
- Prepare yourself, you and all the people that are assembled with you, and be a protection to them.
- You have been commanded in former days, and in the later years you shall come against the mountains of Israel and against the land which is at peace and free from the sword, whose people were gathered from many nations, and now they all dwell safely in it.
- And you shall come up like a storm and like a cloud which covers the land, you and all your army and many people who are with you.
- Thus says the LORD God: It shall come to pass that in that very day thoughts shall come into your mind and you shall think an evil thought;
- And you shall say, I will go up against a prosperous land, I will go against those who dwell in tranquillity, without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
- To take captives and to take a spoil;
to turn your hand against the desolate places that are now inhabited and against the people who were gathered together out of the nations, who have gotten cattle and goods, who dwell in the beauty of the land.
- Sheba and Deran and the merchants of Tarshish and all its villages shall say to you, Are you come to carry off captives and to take a spoil?
Have you mobilized your host to take silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, and to take a great spoil?
- ¶ Therefore, Son of man, prophesy and say to China, Thus says the LORD God: On that day when my people Israel shall dwell in tranquillity, you shall know it.
- And you shall come from your place out of the north parts, you, and many people with you, all of them riding on horses, a great host and a mighty army;
- And you shall come up against my people Israel, like a cloud to cover the land;
it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring you against my land, and the nations will know me, when I shall be sanctified through your defeat.
- Thus says the LORD God: You are he of whom I have spoken in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in those days and in those years that I would bring you against them.
- And it shall come to pass at the same time when China shall come against the land of Israel, says the LORD God, that my anger shall be consumed in my fury and zeal.
- For in the fire of my wrath have I spoken;
surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
- So that even the fish of the sea and the fowls of the air and the beasts of the field and all creeping things that creep upon the earth and all the men that are upon the face of the earth shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down and the towers shall fall and every wall shall tumble to the ground.
- And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, says the LORD God;
every man’s sword shall be against his brother.
- And I will judge him with pestilence and with blood;
and I will rain upon him and upon his princes and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
- Thus will I magnify myself and sanctify myself in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.