- ¶ YOU also, O Son of man, take a brick and lay it before you, and draw upon it the outline of the city of Jerusalem;
- And lay siege against it, and build forts against it, and cast a mount against it;
and set some camps also against it, and set battering rams against it round about.
- Moreover take an iron pan, and set it for an iron wall between you and the city;
and set your face against it, and it shall be besieged, and you shall lay siege against it.
This is a sign to the house of Israel.
- Then lie upon your left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon that side;
according to the number of days that you shall lie upon it, you shall bear their iniquity.
- For I have given you two tasks of iniquities, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days;
so shall you bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
- And when you have completed them, you shall lie again on your right side, and you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days;
I have appointed you each day for a year.
- Therefore you shall set your face towards the siege of Jerusalem, and your arm shall prevail, and you shall prophesy against it.
- And behold, I have laid chains upon you, and you shall not turn from one side to another until you have completed the days of your siege.
- ¶ And take for yourself wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and rye, and put them in one vessel, and make for yourself bread of them;
according to the number of days that you shall lie upon your side, three hundred and ninety days, you shall eat of it.
- And your food which you shall eat shall be by weight, twenty shekels a day;
from time to time you shall eat it.
- And you shall drink water by measure, a sixth part of a hin;
from time to time shall you drink.
- And you shall eat it as if you ate barley cakes, having baked it in their sight with the dung that comes out of men.
- And the LORD said, Thus shall the children of Israel eat their bread unclean among the Gentiles, whither I shall drive them.
- Then said I, Ah LORD God!
behold, I have never defiled myself;
and from my youth up even till now I have not eaten of that which dies of itself or is torn in pieces by wild beasts;
neither has unclean meat entered into my mouth.
- Then he said to me, Lo, I have given you oxen’s dung instead of men’s dung, that you shall bake your bread with it.
- Moreover, he said to me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem;
and they shall eat bread by weight;
and when thirsty, they shall drink water by measure;
- And they shall lack bread and water, and they shall perish one with another, and shall be consumed in their iniquity.