- ¶ THEN he brought me forth into the outer court, to the way toward the north;
and he brought me into the room opposite the separate place and opposite the building toward the north.
- Towards the place where he measured a hundred cubits, which is at the north gate, and the breadth of it was fifty cubits.
- Opposite the gate of the inner court, over against the pavement of the outer court, was gallery above gallery in three stories.
- And before the rooms was a passage ten cubits broad, and its length a hundred cubits;
and the door of the passage was toward the north.
- Now the upper rooms were smaller because the stairway went through them.
- For they were in three stories, but had no pillars like the pillars of the court;
therefore the upper rooms were smaller than the lower rooms and the middle ones.
- And the wall that was outside, which is opposite the rooms, was fifty cubits long.
- For the length of the rooms that were in the outer court was fifty cubits;
and those before the temple were a hundred cubits.
- And the door of the room of the vestibule which goes into the outer court was on the east.
- The rooms were in the breadth of the wall of the court at the eastern gate opposite the separate place, and in front of the building where the rooms were.
- And the passage in front of them was like the appearance of the rooms which were toward the north, and the rooms were of the same length and breadth;
and all their exits, entrances, their appearance, and their doors were alike.
- Like to the doors of the rooms that were toward the south was a door in the head of the way which was directly before the wall toward the place where the eastern valley starts.
- Then he said to me, The north rooms and the south rooms, which are in front of the separate place, they are rooms where the priests who make offerings to the LORD eat the most holy things;
there they lay the most holy things, the meat offering, the sin offering, and the trespass offering: for the place is holy.
- When the priests enter therein, they shall not go out of the holy place into the outer court, but there they shall lay their garments in which they minister;
for they are holy;
and they shall put on other garments;
then they can make offerings on behalf of the people.
- ¶ Now when he had finished measuring the inner house, he took me out toward the gate that looks toward the east, and he measured it round about.
- He measured the east side, five hundred reeds with the measuring reed round about.
- He measured the north side, five hundred reeds with the measuring reed round about.
- He measured the south side, five hundred reeds with the measuring reed.
- He measured the west side, five hundred reeds with the measuring reed.
- He measured it on the four sides;
and the wall round about, five hundred reeds long and five hundred broad, making a separation between the sanctuary and the unconsecrated ground.