- ¶ THEN he brought me again to the door of the temple;
and, behold, water issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward;
and the water was flowing down from under the side of the temple, at the south side of the altar.
- And he brought me out by the way of the north gate, and led me about the way outside to the gate of the court that looks eastward;
and, behold, water was running out from under the right side of the temple.
- And a glorious man that had the measuring line in his hand went forth;
he measured a thousand cubits and brought me through the water, and it was to the ankles.
- Again he measured a thousand cubits and brought me through the water, and it was up to the knees.
Again he measured a thousand cubits and brought me through the water, and it was up to the loins.
- Afterward he measured a thousand cubits;
and it was a torrent that no man could cross;
for the waters were risen so high and the stream had become so turbulent that no one could cross it.
- And he said to me, Son of man, do you see this stream?
Then he brought me and made me to sit by the bank of the torrent.
- Now when I was seated, I saw that at the bank of the stream were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
- Then he said to me, These waters that are issuing out toward the east region and flowing down toward the north, shall go into the sea and mingle with the stagnant water, and make it fresh.
- And it shall come to pass that every living creature that swarms wheresoever the torrent shall flow shall live;
and there shall be many fish because of the waters that flow there and make the water fresh.
- And it shall come to pass, that fishermen shall stand beside it from En-gad to En-eglain;
it shall be a place to spread forth nets;
and there shall be very many kinds of fish in it, as the fish of the great sea, exceedingly many.
- But the water in its springs and mouths shall not be fresh, but it shall become salt.
- And by the stream, on the banks thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all kinds of trees for food, their leaves shall not fall off, neither shall their fruit fail;
but in the beginning of every month they shall bring forth new fruit, because the water with which they are irrigated flows from the sanctuary;
and their fruit shall be for food and their leaves for healing.
- ¶ Thus says the LORD God: These are the borders by which you shall divide the land for the inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions.
- And you shall inherit it, one as well as another, a land concerning which I swore by lifting up my hand to give it to your fathers;
and this land shall be divided among you for an inheritance.
- And this shall be the border of the land, on the north side, from the great sea, by the way of Hethron which goes to Zedad:
- Hamath, Beroth, Sepharvim, which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath;
Hazar the central, which is on the border of Hauran.
- And the border from the sea shall be Hazar-enan, which is within the border of Damascus, and Zipon which is toward the north within the border of Hamath.
This is the north side.
- And the east side border shall run to Beth-hauran from Damascus and from Gilead to the land of Israel;
and Jordan shall be the boundary by the sea, east of Tamar.
This is the east border.
- And the south side shall be from Tamar as far as the waters of Maribath in Kadesh, then along the shores of the great sea.
This is the south side.
- And the border shall run as far as Nacakh which is at the entrance of Hammath.
This is the west side.
- So you shall divide this land among you according to the tribes of Israel.
- And it shall come to pass that when you divide it as an inheritance to you and to proselytes from among the aliens who dwell with you, who shall beget children among you;
they shall be to you like the children of Israel;
they shall have an inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.
- And whatever tribe which has the aliens who are proselytes, there you shall give him his inheritance, says the LORD God.