- ¶ AND the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- Son of man, set your face toward the mountains of Israel and prophesy against them,
- And say, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD God;
Thus says the LORD God to the mountains and to the hills, to the valleys and to the brooks: Behold, I am bringing a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
- Your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken;
and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.
- And I will lay the dead bodies of the house of Israel before their idols;
and I will scatter your bones round about your altars.
- In all your dwelling places the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate, that your altars may be destroyed and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and made desolate, and your images may be cut down, and your works may cease.
- And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
- ¶ Yet I will leave a remnant of you among the nations, those of you who shall escape the sword and are scattered through the cities.
- And those who escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they are carried captives;
when I have destroyed their corrupt hearts, for they have departed from me, and with their eyes have gone astray after their idols;
and they shall loath themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
- And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil to them.
- ¶ Thus says the LORD God, Strike with your hand, and stamp with your foot, and say, Alas for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel!
for they shall fall by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence.
- He that is far off shall die of pestilence;
and he that is near shall fall by the sword;
and he that remains and that escapes shall die by famine;
thus will I accomplish my fury upon them.
- Then they shall know that I am the LORD, when their slain shall be among their idols round about their altars upon every high hill and upon all the tops of the mountains and under every green tree and under every thick terebinth, the place where they did offer incense to all their idols.
- So I will stretch out my hand against them and will make the land desolate and waste, more than the wilderness of Diblath, throughout all their habitations;
and they shall know that I am the LORD.