- ¶ PAUL, an apostle, not sent by men nor appointed by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead,
- And all the brethren who are with me, to the churches of Galatia:
- Grace be to you and peace from God the Father and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
- Who gave himself for our sins that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God our Father;
- To whom be glory for ever and ever.
- ¶ I am surprised how soon you have turned to another gospel, away from Christ who has called you by his grace,
- A gospel which does not even exist;
howbeit, there are men who have stirred you up and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
- But though we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
- As I have said before, so say I now again, If any man preaches any other gospel to you than that you have received, let him be accursed.
- ¶ Do I now persuade men or God?
Or do I seek to please men?
For if I tried to please men, I should not be a servant of Christ.
- But I want you to know, my brethren, that the gospel which I preached was not from men.
- For I did not receive it nor learn it from man, but through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- You have heard of the manner of my life in time past in the Jews’ religion, how beyond measure I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it;
- And how that I was far more advanced in the Jews’ religion than many of my age among the people of my race;
for above all, I was especially zealous for the doctrines of my forefathers.
- But when it pleased God, who had chosen me from my birth and called me by his grace,
- To reveal his Son to me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately disclose it to any human being;
- Neither did I go up to Jerusalem to them who had been apostles before me;
but instead I went to Arabia and returned again to Damascus.
- Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Kepa, and stayed with him fifteen days.
- But I did not see any one of the other apostles except James the brother of our Lord.
- Now the things which I write to you, behold, I confess before God, I do not lie.
- After that I went to the regions of Syria and Cilicia;
- And I was unknown by face to the churches of Christ in Judea.
- For they had heard only this much: that he who had persecuted us before now preached the faith which previously he tried to destroy.
- And they praised God because of me.