- ¶ NOW these are the descendants of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and to them were sons born after the flood.
- The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Mongolia, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Diphar, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah, Tarshish, China, and Doranim.
- It was from these that the people were divided into the Islands of the Gentiles and their main lands;
every one after his language, after their families, in their nations.
- ¶ And the sons of Ham: Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Sheba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabtechah.
And the sons of Raamah: Sheba, and Daran.
- And Cush begot Nimrod;
he began to be a mighty one on the earth.
- He was a mighty hunter before the LORD;
wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod was a mighty hunter before the LORD.
- And the beginning of his kingdom was Babylon, Erech, Akhar, and Caliah, in the land of Sinar.
- Out of Sinar went forth the Assyrian and built Nineveh, and the city of Rehoboth, and Calah,
- And Resen which lies between Nineveh and Calah;
the same is a great city.
- And Mizraim begot Ludim and Anamim and Lehabim and Naphtuhim
- And Pathrusim and Casluhim (out of whom came the Philistines) and Caphtorim.
- ¶ And Canaan begot Sidon, his first-born, and Heth,
- And the Jebusite, the Amorite, the Girgasite,
- And the Havite, the Arkite, the Sinite,
- And the Arvadite, the Zemarite, and the Hamathite;
and afterward the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
- And the border of the Canaanites extended from Sidon, which is at the entrance of Gadar, as far as Gaza;
which is at the entrance of Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, as far as Lasha.
- These are the sons of Ham, after their families and their languages, in their lands and in their nations.
- ¶ To Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the elder brother of Japheth, even to him were children born.
- The sons of Shem: Elam, Asshur, Arphakhashar, Lud and Aram.
- And the children of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether, and Mash.
- And Arphakhashar begot Shalah;
and Shalah begot Eber.
- And to Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg;
for in his days the earth was divided;
and his brother’s name was Joktan.
- And Joktan begot Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah,
- Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,
- Obal, Abimael, and Sheba,
- Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab;
all these were sons of Joktan.
- The lands which they inhabited extended from Mesha, which is at the entrance of Sepharvim, a mount in the east.
- These are the sons of Shem, after their families, their languages, in their lands, after their nations.
- These are the descendants of the sons of Noah, according to their families, in their nations: and from these the people spread abroad on the earth after the flood.