- ¶ AND it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them,
- That the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair;
so they took them wives of all whom they chose.
- ¶ Then the LORD said, My spirit shall not dwell in man forever, because he is flesh;
let his days be a hundred and twenty years.
- ¶ There were giants on the earth in those days;
and also after that, for the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them, and they became giants who in the olden days were mighty men of renown.
- And the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was evil continually.
- ¶ And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him in his heart.
- So the LORD said, I will destroy men whom I have created from the face of the earth;
both men and animals, and the creeping things, and the fowls of the air;
I am sorry that I have made them.
- ¶ But Noah found mercy in the eyes of the LORD.
- These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and innocent in his days, and God was pleased with Noah.
- And Noah begot three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- ¶ The earth was corrupt in the presence of God, and the earth was filled with wickedness.
- And God saw that the earth was corrupt;
for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
- ¶ So God said to Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me;
for the earth is full of wickedness through men;
and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
- Make yourself an ark of gopher wood;
make rooms in the ark and daub it without and within with pitch.
- And this is how you shall make it: the length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
- And you shall make a window in the ark, and to the width of a cubit shall you finish it above;
and the door of the ark you shall make in its side;
with lower, second, and third decks you shall make it.
- And, behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh that has the breath of life in it from under heaven;
and everything that is on the earth shall die.
- But I will establish my covenant with you;
and you shall enter into the ark, you, and your sons, and your wife, and your sons’ wives with you.
- And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every kind bring into the ark, to keep them alive with you;
they shall be male and female.
- Of fowls after their kind, and of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind shall enter with you, that they may live.
- And you must take a supply of all food that is eaten, and you shall store it by you;
and it shall be for food for you and for them.
- ¶ Thus did Noah;
according to all that God commanded him, so did he.