- ¶ THEN God said to Noah, Enter into the ark;
you and all your household, for you alone have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
- Of all clean animals you shall take with you seven pairs, both males and females;
and of the beasts that are not clean two pairs, males and females.
- Likewise, of the fowls of the air that are clean seven pairs, both males and the females;
to keep their posterity alive upon the face of the earth.
- For in seven days I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights;
and every living thing that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
- ¶ And Noah did according to all that the LORD commanded him.
- And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters came upon the earth.
- And Noah, with his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives, went into the ark because of the waters of the flood.
- Of clean animals, and of unclean animals, and of fowls, and of everything that creeps upon the earth,
- There went in two and two with Noah into the ark, the males and the females, as God had commanded Noah.
- And it came to pass after seven days that the waters of the flood came upon the earth.
- ¶ In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that very day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth and the windows of heaven were opened.
- And the rain fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.
- ¶ On that same day entered Noah and Shem and Ham and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife, and the three wives of his sons with him, into the ark;
- They and every beast after its kind and all the cattle after their kind and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth after its kind and every fowl after its kind, every bird of every sort.
- They went with Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh in which there is the breath of life.
- And they that entered, males and females of every living thing went in, as God had commanded him.
Then the LORD shut him in.
- ¶ And the flood lasted forty days upon the earth;
and the waters increased and bore up the ark so that it was lifted up above the earth.
- And the waters prevailed and rose higher upon the earth;
and the ark floated on the face of the waters.
- And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth;
so that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered.
- Fifteen cubits above the mountains did the waters prevail;
and the mountains were covered.
- ¶ And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl and of cattle and of wild beast and of every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth and every man:
- Everything in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was on the dry land, died.
- And every living thing was destroyed that was upon the face of the ground, both man and animals and the creeping things and the fowl of the air;
they were destroyed from the earth;
and Noah only remained, and those who were with him in the ark.
- And the waters prevailed upon the earth a hundred and fifty days.