- ¶ AND God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
- And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moves upon the earth, and all the fish of the sea;
into your hand they are delivered.
- Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you;
even as the green herb have I given you all things.
- Only flesh with the life thereof, that is, the blood thereof, you shall not eat.
- And surely your lifeblood will I f avenge;
of every beast will I avenge it, and at the hand of man;
and at the hand of a man and his brother will I avenge the life of man.
- Whoever sheds the blood of men, by men shall his blood be shed;
for man was made in the image of God.
- As for you, be fruitful, and multiply;
bring forth abundantly on the earth, and multiply in it.
- ¶ And God spoke to Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
- As for me, behold, I will establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you;
- And with every living creature that is with you, the fowl, the cattle, and every wild beast of the earth with you;
with all that come out of the ark, and with every beast of the earth.
- And I will establish my covenant with you;
so that never again shall all flesh perish by the waters of a flood;
neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
- ¶ And God said to Noah, This is the sign of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
- I set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between me and the earth.
- And it shall come to pass, when I bring clouds over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the clouds;
- And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature that is with you of all flesh;
and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
- And the bow shall be in the clouds;
and I will look upon it as a remembrance of the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
- And God said to Noah, This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between me and all the flesh that is upon the earth,
- ¶ The sons of Noah who went forth out of the ark were Shem and Ham and Japheth;
and Ham is the father of Canaan.
- These three were the sons of Noah;
and from them the people spread throughout the earth.
- And Noah began to till the ground;
and he planted a vineyard;
- And he drank of its wine, and became drunken;
and he was uncovered within his tent.
- And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and he told his two brothers outside.
- And Shem and Japheth took a mantle and laid it upon both their shoulders and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father;
and their faces were backward and they did not see their father’s nakedness.
- ¶ When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his younger son had done to him,
- He said, Cursed be Canaan;
a servant of servants shall he be to his brothers.
- Then he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem;
and let Canaan be his servant.
- God shall enrich Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem: and Canaan shall be their servant.
- ¶ And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years.
- And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years, and he died.