- ¶ LET brotherly love remain in you.
- And forget not hospitality toward strangers;
for thereby some were worthy to entertain angels unawares.
- Remember those who are in prison, as though you were a prisoner with them;
remember those who suffer adversity, for you are human also.
- Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled;
but God will judge those who practice vice and adultery;
- Do not be carried away by the love of money;
but be content with what you have;
for the Lord himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.
- So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man may do to me.
- Remember those who are your leaders, those who have spoken the word of God to you;
mark the completeness of their works, and imitate their faith.
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever.
- Do not be carried away by strange and different doctrines.
For it is a good thing to strengthen our hearts with grace;
not with food because it did not help those who greatly sought after it.
- We have an altar from which those who minister in the tabernacle have no right to eat.
- For the flesh of the beasts whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin is burned outside the camp.
- Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify his people with his own blood, suffered outside the city.
- Let us go forth therefore to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach.
- For here we have not a permanent city, but we seek one to come.
- By him, therefore, let us always offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of the lips giving thanks to his name.
- And do not forget kindness and fellowship with the poor;
for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
- Listen to your spiritual leaders and obey them;
for they are watchful guardians of your souls, as one who must give account, that they may do it with joy and not with grief, for that is unprofitable for you.
- ¶ Pray for us;
for we trust we have a good conscience, being in all things willing to live honestly.
- But above all, I beseech you to do this that I may return to you sooner.
- Now the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
- Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in us that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ;
to whom be glory for ever and ever.
- And I beseech you, my brethren, to be patient in the word of comfort;
for I have written you very briefly.
- You should know that our brother Timotheus has been set at liberty;
and if he should come shortly, I will see you together with him.
- Salute all your spiritual leaders and all the saints.
All of the brethren of Italy salute you.
- Grace be with you all.