- ¶ HEAR this, O priests;
and give ear, O house of Israel;
and listen, O house of the king;
for the judgment is for you, because you have been a snare to prophets and a net spread upon Tabor.
- And the hunters who hunt have laid hidden snares, but I will chastise them all.
- I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me;
for now Ephraim has committed whoredom, and Israel is defiled.
- Their evil devices will not permit them to turn to their God;
for the spirit of whoredom is in the midst of them, and they have not known the LORD.
- And the pride of Israel shall be humbled before his presence;
and Israel and Ephraim shall fall in their iniquity;
Judah also shall fall with them.
- They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD;
but they shall not find him, because he has withdrawn himself from them.
- They have dealt falsely with the LORD, for they have begotten alien children.
- ¶ Blow the trumpet in Ramtha, blow the horn in Ramtha;
cry aloud at Beth-aon;
the enemy is after you, O Benjamin.
- Ephraim shall be desolate in the clay of rebuke;
among the tribes of Israel I have made known that which shall surely be.
- The princes of Judah were like those who remove a landmark;
therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.
- Ephraim is oppressed and broken in judgment, because he willingly went after vain things.
- Therefore I will be as a tempest to Ephraim, and to the house of Judah as a lion.
- When Ephraim saw his sickness and Judah saw his wounds, then Ephraim went to Assyria, and sent to the great king;
but he cannot heal you nor cure you of your wounds.
- For I will be to Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah;
I, even I, will tear and go away;
I will take away, and none shall rescue.
- I will return and go to my place, till they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face;
in their affliction they will seek me early.