- ¶ THEY shall say, Come, let us return and go to the LORD who has smitten us, and he will heal us;
he has wounded us, and he will bind us up.
- After two days he will revive us, and on the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his presence.
- Then shall we know to follow after the knowledge of the LORD;
his going forth is prepared as the dawn;
and he shall come to us as the rain, as the spring rain which waters the earth.
- ¶ O Ephraim, what shall I do to you?
O Judah, what shall I do to you?
for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goes away.
- Therefore have I cut off the prophets, I have slain them by the words of my mouth;
and my judgments shall go forth as the light.
- For I desired mercy and not sacrifice;
and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
- But they like men have transgressed my covenant;
there have they dealt treacherously against me.
- Gilead is a city of those who work iniquity, and wallows in blood.
Your strength is as that of a robber.
- The priests have joined them on the way, and they have destroyed Shechem, because they have committed iniquities.
- I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel: there Ephraim committed whoredom, and Israel was defiled.
- And you also, O Judah, set a day of harvest for yourself when I will bring back the captivity of my people.