- ¶ AND there shall come forth a shoot out of the stem of Jesse, and a branch shall grow out of his roots;
- And he shall be at peace, and the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the reverence of the LORD;
- And shall shine forth in the reverence of the LORD;
and he shall not judge after that which his eyes see, neither reprove after that which his ears hear;
- But with justice shall he judge the poor, and reprove with uprightness for the meek of the earth;
and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
- Righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his waist.
- The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid;
and the calf and the young lion and the ox shall feed together;
and a little child shall lead them.
- And the cow and the bear shall feed together;
and their young ones shall grow up together;
and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
- And the suckling child shall play with the serpent, and the weaned child shall put his hand into the hole of the asp.
- They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain;
for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.
- ¶ And on that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand as an ensign to the peoples;
to him shall the Gentiles seek;
and his rest shall be glorious.
- And it shall come to pass in that day that the LORD shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people which are left from Assyria and from Egypt and from Pathros and from Ethiopia and from Elam and from Seir and from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.
- And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
- The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be destroyed;
Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not oppress Ephraim.
- But they shall fly upon the shoulder of the Philistines on the sea;
they shall plunder them of the east together;
they shall stretch out their hands against Edom and Moab;
and the children of Ammon shall obey them.
- And the LORD shall utterly dry up the sea of Egypt;
and with his mighty wind he shall stretch his hand over the river, and shall smite it into seven streams, so that men may cross through it dryshod.
- And there shall be a highway for the remnant of his people which shall be left from Assyria;
as it was in the day that Israel came up from the land of Egypt.