- ¶ THE word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
- And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established above the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills;
and all nations shall look to it.
- And many people shall go and say, Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob;
and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
- And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many peoples who are far off;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into sickles: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
- O house of Jacob, come, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
- ¶ For thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they are self-satisfied as in the olden days, and they practice augury like the Philistines, and they have reared many alien children.
- Their land also is filled with silver and gold, and there is no end to their treasures;
their land also is filled with horses, and there is no end to their chariots;
- Their land also is filled with idols;
they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:
- And the common man is humbled, and the mighty man is brought low;
therefore forgive them not.
- ¶ Enter into the rocks, and hide in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.
- The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of man shall be brought low, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
- For the day of the LORD shall be against every one that is proud and lofty, and against every one that is lifted up, that he shall be brought low;
- And against all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and against all the oaks of Bashan,
- And against all the high mountains, and against all the hills that are lifted up,
- And against every high tower, and against every fenced wall,
- And against all the ships of Tarshish, and against all the pleasant sights.
- And the loftiness of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of man shall be brought low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
- And the idols shall utterly pass away.
- And the people shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to conquer the earth.
- In that day a man shall cast away to the moles and to the bats his idols of gold and his idols of silver, which they made each one for themselves to worship,
- To go into the caves of the rocks, and into the clefts of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he arises to conquer the earth.
- Shun the man who is hasty for of what account is he?