- ¶ O LORD, thou art my God;
I will praise thy name;
for thou hast done wonderful things, and given faithful counsel from afar, amen.
- For thou hast reduced a city to a heap, the fortified city to a ruin;
the palace of the strangers and the city are never to be built again.
- Therefore many peoples shall praise thee, the city of the mighty nations shall worship thee.
- For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a helper to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat;
for the blast of the mighty ones is as a storm against the wall.
- Thou shalt blot out the pride of aliens as the shadow at noonday, and as the heat is blotted out by the shade of a cloud;
thus the branch of the mighty ones shall be humbled.
- ¶ And on this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make for all peoples a lavish feast, a feast of old and rich wines, from the things that belong to our heavenly Saviour and the Mighty One.
- And he will destroy on this mountain the prestige of the ruler who ruled over all the peoples, because of the slaughter which was made among all the peoples.
- He will swallow up death in victory for ever;
and the LORD God of hosts will wipe away the tears from off all faces;
and the reproach of his people he shall take away from off all the earth;
for the LORD has spoken it.
- ¶ And it shall be said on that day, Lo, this is the LORD our God;
we have waited for him, and he shall save us;
this is the LORD our God, we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
- For on this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down with the threshing sled.
- And he shall spread forth his hands in the midst of them, as a swimmer spreads forth his hands to swim;
and he shall bring down their pride together with the spoils of their bands.
- And the fortress of treason of your rebellious men and your strong walls he shall tear down, lay low, and bring to the ground, even to the dust.