- ¶ IN that day the LORD with his hard and great and strong sword shall punish Leviathan, the piercing serpent, even Leviathan that crooked serpent;
and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.
- In that day sing to Israel of a vineyard of wine.
- I the LORD do keep it;
I will water it continually;
I will visit it and keep it night and day.
- You have no hedge;
who then did set in you the briers and the thorns?
I will blow at the vineyard from near and will burn it together.
- Or let Israel take hold of my strength, and I will make peace for him, peace will I give him.
- He shall cause those that come of Jacob to take root;
Israel shall blossom and bud and fill the face of the world with fruit.
- ¶ Has the LORD smitten the oppressor as he smote those who smote him?
Or is he slain according to the slaughter of those who are slain by him?
- In measure by which he has measured, will you judge him;
in that which he has devised, in fierce anger on a day of blasting heat.
- By this, therefore, shall the iniquity of Jacob be forgiven;
and with all this fruit his sin will be taken away;
when he makes all the stones of the altar as chalk-stones that are broken in pieces;
likewise, the images and idols shall not stand up.
- For the strong city shall be forlorn and deserted and forsaken and left desolate like a wilderness;
there shall the calf feed, and there shall he lie down and consume its grass.
- When its boughs are withered, they shall be broken off;
the women come and set them on fire;
for it is a people of no understanding;
therefore he who made them will not have mercy on them, and he who formed them will show them no favor.
- And it shall come to pass in that day that the LORD shall stir up the people from the channel of the river Euphrates to the river of Egypt, and you shall be gathered one to another, O children of Israel!
- And it shall come to pass in that day, the great trumpet shall be blown, and those who were lost in the land of Egypt and those who were scattered in the land of Assyria shall come in and worship the LORD in the land of the LORD, even on his holy mountain in Jerusalem.