- ¶ WOE to those who go down to Egypt for help and trust in horses and rely on chariots because they are many, and in horsemen, because they are very strong;
but they do not trust in the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!
- Yet in his wisdom, he will bring a calamity, and will not alter his words;
but will arise against the house of evildoers and against the help of those who work iniquity.
- Now the Egyptians are men and not God;
and their horses are flesh and not spirit.
When the LORD shall stretch out his hand, both the helper shall be overthrown, and he that is helped shall fall down, and they all shall be annihilated together.
- For thus has the LORD spoken to me: As the lion, even the young lion, roars over his prey when a multitude of shepherds shout against him, is not afraid of their voice nor terrified by their multitude;
so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion and for the hill thereof.
- As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts alight on Jerusalem;
he shall alight to deliver, rescue, and help.
- ¶ Repent, O children of Israel, for you have made your punishment severe.
- For in that day every man shall despise the idols of gold and the idols of silver which your own hands have made for yourselves for a sin.
- Then shall the Assyrian fall with the sword, not with the sword of men;
neither the sword of mighty men shall devour him;
but he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be discomfited.
- And he shall dwell in his rocky habitation, and his princes shall be defeated from before the standard, says the LORD, whose fire is in Zion and his furnace in Jerusalem.