- ¶ WOE to you that plunder, but you shall not plunder, and let no one deal treacherously among you;
for when you seek to plunder, they will plunder you;
and when you seek to deal treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with you.
- O LORD, be gracious to us;
for in thee is our trust;
be thou our helper every morning, our salvation also in the time of distress.
- At the noise of thy tumult the people fled;
at the lifting up of thyself the nations were scattered.
- Henceforth your spoil shall be gathered like the gathering of the caterpillar;
as a swarm of locusts when it is gathered together.
- The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high;
he has filled Zion with justice and righteousness.
- And faith shall be the stability of your times, and your salvation in a place of refuge;
wisdom and knowledge and the reverence of the LORD is his treasure.
- If he should be seen by them they shall howl violently;
the ambassadors of peace shall weep bitterly.
- The highways lie waste, the wayfaring man ceases, and the covenant is broken;
the cities are despised, and there is no regard for man.
- The earth mourns and languishes;
Lebanon is ashamed and confounded;
Sharon has become like a desert plain;
and Bashan and Carmel are desolate.
- Now I will arise, says the LORD;
now I will be exalted;
now I will lift up myself.
- You shall conceive thorns, you shall bring forth stubble;
your breath, as fire, shall devour you.
- And the peoples shall be as the burning of lime;
as thorns that are gathered together shall they be burned in the fire.
- ¶ Hear, you who are far off, what I have clone;
and you who are near, acknowledge my might.
- The sinners in Zion are afraid;
trembling has seized the heathen.
Who among us shall dwell with devouring fire?
Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
- He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly;
he who despises treachery and oppression, who refuses to accept a bribe, who stops his ears that he may not hear of bloodshed, and shuts his eyes that he may not see evil.
- He shall dwell on high;
his place of defense shall be the precipice of rocks;
his bread shall be given him;
his water shall be sure.
- Your eyes shall see the king in his beauty;
they shall behold the lands that are far off.
- Your heart shall learn reverence.
Where is the scribe?
Where is the weigher?
Where is he who counted towers for a mighty people?
- You shall not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech, of a stammering tongue, so that he cannot be understood.
- Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities;
your eyes shall see Jerusalem a rich habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be shaken to and fro;
whose pegs shall never be removed, neither shall any of its cords be broken.
- For there the name of the LORD is glorious to us;
he will be for us a place of light, an enlightenment, and an open space made by the hand;
wherein the authority of a prince shall not reign, neither shall the mighty one be able to invade it.
- For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king;
and he is our Saviour.
- Your riggings are loosed;
they could not well hold straight their mast, they could not spread the sail;
until they have divided the prey, a multitude of lame shall take it.
- And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick;
the people who dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.