- ¶ THE parched wilderness shall be glad, and the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus.
- It shall rejoice like a mountain goat;
the glory and honor of Lebanon shall be given to it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon;
they shall see the glory of the LORD and the excellency of our God, an admonition and comfort for the weak, for a Saviour is coming to save them.
- Strengthen the weak hands and make firm the feeble knees.
- Say to those who are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not;
behold, your God the avenger is coming, even God the Saviour is coming to save you.
- ¶ Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
- Then shall the lame man leap as a hart and the tongue of the dumb shall be loosed;
for waters are bursting forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.
- And the desolate land shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water;
in the habitation of dragons shall grow grass with reeds and rushes.
- And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the way of holiness;
the unclean shall not pass over it;
and there shall be no road beside it;
fools shall not err therein.
- No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast go up on it;
they shall not be found there;
but the redeemed shall walk therein;
- And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads;
they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.