- ¶ AT that time Merodach-baladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and presents to Hezekiah;
for he had heard that he had been sick and was healed.
- And Hezekiah was glad to receive them, and showed them his treasure house, the silver and the gold and the spices and the precious ointment and all the house of his armor and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house nor in all his dominion that Hezekiah did not show them.
- Then Isaiah the prophet came to King Hezekiah and said to him.
What did these men say to you?
And from whence did they come to you?
And Hezekiah said, They have come from a far country to me, even from Babylon.
- Then said he, What have they seen in your house?
And Hezekiah answered, They have seen all the things that are in my house;
I have left nothing in my house that I have not showed them.
- ¶ Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, Hear the word of the LORD of hosts:
- Behold, the days are coming, when all that is in your house, and that which your fathers have laid up in store until this day, shall be carried to Babylon;
nothing shall be left, says the LORD.
- And some of your sons that shall issue from you, whom you shall beget, they shall take away;
and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.
- Then Hezekiah said to Isaiah, Good is the word of the LORD which you have spoken.
For there shall be peace and truth in my days.