- ¶ BUT now thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and he who formed you, O Israel: Fear not;
for I have saved you, I have called you by your name because you are mine.
- When you shall pass through the sea, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned;
neither shall the flame kindle upon you.
- For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour;
I gave Egypt for your sake, and Ethiopia and Sheba for you.
- Because you are precious in my sight, you have been honorable and I have loved you;
therefore I have given men for your sake and nations for your life.
- Fear not;
for I am with you;
I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west;
- I will say to the north, Give up;
and to the south, Keep not back;
bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
- Even every one who is called by my name;
for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him and I have made him.
- ¶ Bring forth the blind people who have eyes, and the deaf who have ears.
- Let all the peoples be gathered together and let all the nations be assembled;
who among you can declare this and show us the former things?
Let them bring forth their witnesses that they may be justified;
or let them hear and say, It is truth.
- You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servants whom I have chosen;
that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he;
before me there was no God created, neither shall there be after me.
- I, even I, am the LORD;
and besides me there is no lord.
- I have declared that I have saved, and I have proclaimed that there is no strange god among you;
therefore you are my witnesses, says the LORD, that I am God.
- Yea, from the first day I am he;
and there is none that can deliver out of my hands;
what I will do, who can stop it?
- ¶ Thus says the LORD, your Saviour, the Holy One of Israel: For your sake I have sent to Babylon and have brought back all the fugitives and the Chaldeans who glory in their ships.
- I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.
- Thus says the LORD, who has made a way in the sea and a path in the mighty waters;
- Who brings forth the chariots and horses and a mighty army;
they shall lie down together, they shall not rise, they are extinguished like a flickering lamp:
- Remember not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
- Behold, I will do a new thing;
now it shall spring forth and you shall know it.
I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
- The beasts of the field shall glorify me, the jackals and the ostriches, because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert to provide drink to my people, my chosen.
- This people whom I have chosen for myself, they shall drink.
- ¶ But you have not called me, O Jacob;
for I have called you, O Israel.
- You have not brought me lambs of your burnt offerings;
neither have you honored me with your sacrifices.
I have not burdened you with request offerings, nor wearied you with demands for incense.
- You have bought me no sweet cane with money, neither have you filled me with the fat of your sacrifices;
but you have burdened me with your sins, you have wearied me with your iniquities.
- I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake and will not remember your sins any more.
- Put me in remembrance;
let us plead together;
that you may be justified.
- Your first father has sinned, and your rulers have transgressed against me.
- Your princes have profaned the sanctuary;
therefore I have given Jacob to the curse and Israel to reproaches.