- ¶ THUS says the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have upheld, to subdue nations before him: I will loose the loins of kings, to open the doors before him, and the gates shall not be shut;
- I will go before you, and make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of brass and cut asunder the bars of iron;
- And I will give you the treasures that are hidden in darkness and the buried riches of the secret places that you may know that I, the LORD, who call you by your name, am the God of Israel.
- For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my elect, I have even called you by your name;
I have surnamed you, though you have not known me.
- ¶ I am the LORD, and there is none else;
there is no God besides me;
I have girded you, though you have not known me.
- That they may know from the rising of the sun and from the west that there is none besides me;
I am the LORD, and there is none else.
- I form light and create darkness;
I make peace and create hardship;
I the LORD do all these things.
- Drop down, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds pour down righteousness;
let the earth open and let salvation be multiplied and let righteousness spring up;
I the LORD have created these things.
- Woe to him who strives with his Maker!
An earthen vessel that strives with him who made it from the earth!
Does the clay say to the potter, What are you making?
Or am I not the work of your hands?
- Woe to him who says to his father, What are you begetting?
Or to his mother, What have you conceived?
- ¶ Thus says the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, the LORD of hosts is his name: Ask me of things to come concerning my children;
and concerning the work of my hands, command me.
- I have made the earth and created man upon it;
I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
- I have stirred man up in righteousness, and I will make smooth all his ways;
he shall build my city and shall send my exiles back, not for a price nor for a bribe, says the LORD of hosts.
- Thus says the LORD: The labor of Egypt and the merchants of Ethiopia and of Sheba, men of stature, shall come over to you and shall be yours;
they shall come after you;
in chains shall they come over, and they shall fall down before you, and shall make supplication to you, saying, Surely God is in you, and there is no other God.
- Truly thou art a shelter, O God, the God of Israel, and his Saviour.
- They who walk in confusion and make idols are all ashamed and confounded together;
- But the salvation of Israel is by the LORD, the Saviour of the world;
you shall not be ashamed nor confounded for ever and ever.
- For thus says the LORD who created the heavens (he is the God who formed the earth and made it;
he has established it;
he did not create it in vain, but that his creation might dwell in it): I am the LORD;
and there is none else.
- I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth;
I said not to the descendants of Jacob, Seek me in vain;
I the LORD speak righteousness;
I declare things that are right.
- ¶ Assemble yourselves and come;
draw near together, you who are delivered of the nations;
they have no knowledge who carry a graven image of wood and pray to a god that cannot save.
- Tell and draw near and consult together;
who has declared this from ancient time?
Was it not I, the LORD from the beginning?
And there is no other God besides me;
a just God and Saviour;
there is none besides me.
- Draw near to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
for I am the LORD, and there is none else.
- I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness and shall not return, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
- And they shall say, In the LORD is righteousness;
even to him shall mighty men come;
and all who reproach thee shall be ashamed.
- In the LORD shall all the descendants of Israel be justified and shall glory.