- ¶ AWAKE, awake, O Zion;
put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city;
for henceforth there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean.
- Shake yourself from the dust;
arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem;
loose the bands from your neck, O captive daughter of Zion.
- For thus says the LORD: You were sold for nought;
and you shall be redeemed without money.
- For thus says the LORD God: My people went down at the first into Egypt to sojourn there;
and the Assyrian carried them away with violence.
- Now therefore, what have I here, says the LORD, that my people have been carried away for nought?
Their rulers make them to wail, says the LORD;
and my name continually all the day is blasphemed.
- Therefore my people shall know my name in that day;
for it is I who spoke;
behold, it is I.
- ¶ How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings glad tidings of peace;
who publishes good tidings of good, and who declares salvation;
who says to Zion, Your God reigns!
- Your watchmen shall lift up their voices;
with the voice together shall they sing;
for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.
- Break forth into joy, sing together, you waste places of Jerusalem;
for the LORD has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem.
- The LORD has made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations;
and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
- Depart, depart, go out from thence, touch no unclean thing;
go out of the midst of her;
purge yourselves, you who bear the vessels of the LORD.
- For you shall not go out with haste nor go by flight;
for the LORD will go before you;
and the God of Israel will gather you together.
- ¶ Behold, my servant shall understand, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
- Many were amazed at him;
for his appearance was marred more than that of any man, and his form more than that of the sons of men;
- So shall he purify many nations;
kings shall shut their mouths because of him;
for that which had not been told them shall they see;
and that which they had not heard shall they understand.