- ¶ THUS says the LORD: Keep judgment, and do justice;
for my salvation will come soon and my righteousness will be revealed.
- Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it;
he who also keeps the sabbath that he may not profane it, and guards his hands from doing any evil.
- ¶ Do not let the son of the stranger who follows the LORD speak, saying, The LORD has utterly separated me from his people;
neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
- For thus says the LORD: To the eunuchs who keep my sabbaths and choose the things that please me and take hold of my covenant,
- I will give to them in my house and within my walls a place and a name better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.
- Also to the sons of the strangers who follow the LORD, to serve him and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath and takes hold of my covenant,
- Even them I will bring to my holy mountain and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon my altar;
for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.
- Thus says the LORD God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel: Yet I will gather others to him, besides those who were gathered to him.
- ¶ All the beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all you beasts in the forest.
- All that are blind can see, but they know not;
they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark;
they see, but they lie down and slumber.
- Yea, they are greedy dogs that can never have enough, they are so wicked that they cannot understand;
they all have turned aside to their own way, every one for his own gain and his own advantage.
- Come, they say, let us get wine, and let us fill ourselves with strong drink;
and tomorrow shall be as this day, and much more will be left over for us.