- ¶ IN the year that King Uzziah died I saw the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled his temple.
- And above him stood the seraphim;
each one had six wings;
with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he did fly.
- And one called to another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory.
- And the posts of the door shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.
- ¶ Then I said, Woe is me, I am dismayed;
for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell among a people of unclean lips;
for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
- Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar;
- And he touched my mouth and said to me, Lo, this has touched your lips;
your iniquity is taken away, and your sins are forgiven.
- And I heard the voice of the LORD, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?
Then said I, Here am I;
- ¶ And he said to me, Go, and tell this people, You can hear indeed, but understand not;
and you can see indeed, but do not perceive.
- For the heart of this people is darkened and their ears are heavy and their eyes closed, so that they may not see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and be converted and be forgiven.
- Then I said, How long, O LORD?
And he said, Until the cities lie waste without inhabitants and the houses without men and the land be utterly desolate
- And the LORD shall have cast off men far away and there shall be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
- And they that remain in it shall be a tenth, and again they shall be burned and shall be made like the terebinth or like an oak which is fallen from its stump.
The holy seed is the source thereof.