- ¶ ARISE,, shine;
for your light is come, and the glory of the LORD shall rise upon you.
- Behold, darkness will cover the earth, and thick darkness the nations;
but the LORD shall shine upon you, and his glory shall be seen upon you.
- And the Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
- Lift up your eyes round about and see;
they all gather themselves together, they come to you;
your sons shall come from afar, and your daughters shall be nursed in cradles.
- Then you shall see, and your face shall brighten, and you shall rejoice;
and your heart shall be at ease;
because the riches of the sea shall be turned to you, the strength of the Gentiles shall come to you.
- A multitude of camels shall cover you, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah;
all those from Sheba shall come;
they shall bring gold and frankincense, and shall publish abroad the praises of the LORD.
- All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you;
they shall come up with acceptance on my altar, and I will glorify the house of my beauty.
- Who are these that fly like clouds and like the doves to their windows?
- ¶ For the islands shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish as in former days, to bring your sons from afar, their silver and their gold with them, to the name of the LORD your God, and the Holy One of Israel, because he has glorified you.
- And the sons of foreigners shall build up your walls, and their kings shall minister to you;
for in my anger I smote you, but in my favor I have had mercy on you.
- Therefore your gates shall be open continually;
they shall not be shut day nor night, that men may bring to you the armies of the Gentiles, and their kings led captive.
- For the nation and the kingdom that will not serve you shall perish;
yea, those nations shall be utterly destroyed by the sword.
- The glory of Lebanon shall come to you, the fir tree, the pine, and the cypress together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary;
and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
- The sons also of those who oppressed you shall come bowing down to you;
and all those who provoked you shall make obeisance at the soles of your feet;
and they shall call you, the City of the LORD, the Zion of the Holy One of Israel.
- ¶ Whereas you have been forsaken and hated so that no man passed through you, I will make you an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
- You shall also gain the wealth of the Gentiles, and shall obtain the wealth of kings;
and you shall know that I the LORD am your Saviour and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.
- Instead of brass I will bring gold, and instead of iron I will bring silver, and instead of wood, brass, and instead of stones, iron;
I will also make your officers peace and your rulers righteousness.
- Violence shall no more be heard in your land, nor spoil and destruction within your borders;
and they shall call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise.
- The sun shall be no more your light by day;
neither for brightness shall the moon give light to you;
for the LORD shall be to you an everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.
- (60:20) All of your righteous people shall inherit the land for ever;
the branch of my planting, the work of my hands shall be glorified.
- (60:21) The smallest one shall become thousands, and the least one a strong nation;
I the LORD will hasten it in its time.