- ¶ FOR Zion’s sake I will not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest until her righteousness shall go forth as light and her salvation as a lamp that burns.
- And the Gentiles shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory;
and you shall be called by a new name which the mouth of the LORD shall bestow upon you.
- You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
- You shall no more be called Forsaken;
neither shall your land any more be termed Desolate;
but you shall be called My Delight, and your land shall be cultivated;
for the Lord delights in you, and your land shall have husbandmen.
- For as a young man husbands a virgin, so shall your sons husband you;
and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.
- ¶ I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, every day, who shall not hold their peace day or night continually;
so that those who make mention of the LORD may not keep silence, nor be still,
- And give you no rest, until I, the Lord, establish you and until I make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
- The LORD has sworn by his right hand and by his strong arm, I will no more give your grain to be food for your enemies;
neither shall the sons of strangers drink your wine for which you have labored;
- But those who have gathered it shall eat it and praise the LORD;
and those who have brought it together shall drink it in the courts of my holiness.
- ¶ Go through, go through the gates;
prepare the way of the people;
make the highway smooth, gather out the stones;
lift up a standard for the people.
- Behold, the LORD has proclaimed to the ends of the earth, Say to the daughter of Zion, Behold, your Saviour comes;
behold, his reward is with him and his work before him.
- And they shall call them The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD;
and you shall be called, Avenged, Sought out, A city not forsaken.