- ¶ THEN the LORD said to me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me pleading, yet my soul would not be pleased with this people;
but I will cast them out of my sight and let them go.
- And it shall come to pass, if they say to you, Where shall we go?
Then you shall tell them, Thus says the LORD: Those numbered for death, to death;
and those numbered for the sword, to the sword;
and those numbered for famine, to famine;
and those numbered for captivity, to captivity.
- And I will decree against them four kinds of afflictions, says the LORD: The sword to slay, the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the air and the wild beasts of the earth to devour and destroy.
- And I will cause them to be a horror in all the kingdoms of the earth, because of the transgressions of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem.
- For who shall have pity upon you, O Jerusalem?
or who shall bemoan you?
or who shall go aside to inquire about your peace?
- You have forsaken me, says the LORD, you are gone backward;
therefore I will stretch out my hand against you and destroy you;
and I shall not spare you again.
- And I will fan them with a fan in the cities of the earth;
I have bereaved them of their children.
I have destroyed my people, and yet they did not return from their ways.
- Their widows are increased in number more than the sand of the sea;
I have brought against them, both against the mother and against the young men, robbers at noonday;
I have caused terror and trembling to fall upon them suddenly.
- She who has borne seven children languishes;
her pride is gone;
her sun has gone down while it was yet day;
she has been ashamed and confounded;
and the rest of them I will deliver to the sword before their enemies, says the LORD.
- ¶ Woe is me, my mother, that you have borne me a judge, a rebuker to the whole earth.
I am neither a debtor, nor a creditor;
yet all of them curse me.
- The LORD said, Verily I shall not leave you at ease, but I will cause an enemy from the north to encounter you in the time of tribulation and in the time of evil;
- For he is hard as iron and as brass.
- Your riches, your treasures, and all your borders, I will give to the spoil, because of your sins.
- And I shall cause you to be enslaved to your enemies in a land which you do not know;
for a fire is kindled in my anger, which shall burn upon you.
- ¶ O LORD, thou knowest;
remember me and save me and avenge me of my persecutors;
take me not away in thy longsuffering;
know that for thy sake I have suffered reproach.
- Thy commandments have I kept and carried out, thy word was to me a delight and the joy of my heart;
for I am called by thy name.
- O LORD God of hosts, I did not sit in the assembly of the mockers, but I was afraid because of thy hand, and I sat alone;
for thou hast filled me with indignation.
- Why is my pain so grievous and my wound so severe that it refuses to be healed?
Wilt thou be to me as a mirage that cannot be believed?
- Therefore thus says the LORD, If you repent, then I will bring you back again, and you shall stand before me;
and if you bring forth the precious words and not the vile, you shall be as my mouth, says the LORD;
the people shall turn to you;
but you shall not turn to them.
- I have made you to this people as a fortified wall of brass;
and they shall fight against you.
but they shall not prevail;
for I am with you to save you and to deliver you, says the LORD.
- And I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and I will save you from the hand of the mighty.