- ¶ FOR behold, in those days and in that time, when I shall bring back the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem.
- I will also gather all nations and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and I will enter into judgment with them there for the sake of my people and for the sake of my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and because they have divided up my land.
- And they have cast lots for my people, and have given boys for the price of harlots, and sold the girls for wine, that they might drink.
- What are you to me, O Tyre and Zidon and all the coasts of Palestine?
Are you paying me a recompense?
and if you recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompense upon your own heads;
- Because you have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my beautiful vessels;
- And the children of Judah and the children of Jerusalem you have sold to the Greeks, that you might remove them far from their own border.
- Behold, I will stir them up from the place to which you have sold them, and will return your recompense upon your own heads;
- And I will deliver your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off;
for the LORD had spoken it.
- ¶ Proclaim this among the Gentiles: Get ready for war, stir up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near;
let them come up.
- Beat your plowshares into swords and your sickles into spears.
Let the weak say, I am a mighty man.
- Assemble yourselves, and come;
all you nations round about, draw near;
and there will the LORD break your might.
- Let the nations be awakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat;
for there I will sit to judge all the nations round about.
- Put in the sickles, for the harvest is ripe;
go in, tread down;
for wheat pits are full, and the wine presses overflow;
for their wickedness is great.
- An uproar and tumult in the valley of decision;
for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
- The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars have withdrawn their shining.
- The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem;
and the heavens and the earth shall shake;
but the LORD will have pity upon his people, and will strengthen the children of Israel.
- Then you shall know that I am the LORD your God, dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain;
then Jerusalem shall be holy, and there shall no foreigners sojourn in it any more.
- ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day that the mountains shall drip sweetness and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the brooks of Judah shall flow with water;
and a fountain shall come forth from the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.
- Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
- But Judah shall dwell for ever and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
- For I will avenge their blood, and I will not absolve the offenders;
and the LORD will dwell in Zion.