- ¶ LET not your heart be troubled;
believe in God, and believe in me also.
- In my Father’s house are many rooms;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to me, so that where I am you may be also.
- ¶ You know where I am going and you know the way.
- Thomas said to him, Our Lord, we do not know where you are going;
and how can we know the way?
- Jesus said to him, I am the way and the truth and the life;
no man comes to my Father except by me.
- If you had known me, you would have known my Father also;
from henceforth you know him and you have seen him.
- Philip said to him, Our Lord, show us the Father, and that is enough for us.
- Jesus said to him, All this time I have been with you, and yet you do not know me, Philip?
He who sees me has seen the Father;
and how do you say, Show us the Father?
- Do you not believe that I am with my Father and my Father is with me?
The words that I speak, I do not speak of myself;
but my Father who abides with me does these works.
- Believe that I am with my Father and my Father is with me;
and if not, believe because of the works.
- ¶ Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes in me shall do the works which I do;
and even greater than these things he shall do, because I am going to my Father.
- And whatever you ask in my name, I will do it for you, so that the Father may be glorified through his Son.
- If you ask me in my own name, I will do it.
- ¶ If you love me, keep my commandments.
- And I will ask of my Father, and he will give you another Comforter, to be with you for ever,
- Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it has not seen him and does not know him;
but you know him because he abides with you and is in you.
- ¶ I will not leave you bereaved, for I will come to you after a little while.
- And the world will not see me, but you will see me;
because I live, you shall live also.
- In that day you will know that I am with my Father, and you are with me, and I am with you.
- He who has my commandments with him and obeys them is the one who loves me;
he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.
- Judah (not of Iscariot) said to him, My Lord, why is it that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?
- Jesus answered, saying to him, He who loves me keeps my word;
and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make a place of abode with him.
- But he who does not love me does not keep my word;
and this word which you hear is not my own but the Father’s who sent me.
- ¶ I have spoken these things to you while I am with you.
- But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom my Father will send in my name will teach you everything, and remind you of everything which I tell you.
- Peace I leave with you;
my own peace I give you;
not as the world gives, I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.
- ¶ You heard that I told you, I am going away, and I will come to you.
If you loved me, you would rejoice because I am going to my Father;
for my Father is greater than I.
- And now behold, I have told you before it happens, so that when it does happen, you may believe.
- Hereafter I will not talk much with you;
for the prince of this world comes;
and yet he has nothing against me.
- But that the world may know that I love my Father, and as my Father has commanded me, so I do.
Arise, let us go away from here.