- ¶ JESUS spoke these things, and then he lifted up his eyes to heaven and said, O my Father, the hour has come;
glorify thy Son, so that thy Son may glorify thee,
- Since thou hast given him power over all flesh, so that to all whom thou hast given him, he may give life eternal.
- And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, that thou art the only true God, even the one who sent Jesus Christ.
- I have already glorified thee on the earth;
for the work which thou hadst given to me to do, I have finished.
- So now, O my Father, glorify me with thee, with the same glory which I had with thee before the world was made.
- ¶ I have made thy name known to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world;
they were thine and thou gavest them to me;
and they have kept thy word.
- Now they know that whatever thou hast given me is from thee.
- For the words which thou gavest me I gave them;
and they accepted them, and have known truly that I came forth from thee, and they have believed that thou hast sent me.
- What I request is for them;
I make no request for the world, but for those whom thou hast given to me;
because they are thine.
- And everything which is mine is thine;
and what is thine is mine;
and I am glorified by them.
- ¶ Hereafter I am not in the world, but these are in the world;
and I am coming to thee.
O holy Father, protect them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are.
- While I was with them in the world, I protected them in thy name;
those whom thou gavest me I protected, and not one of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
- Now I am coming to thee;
and these things I speak while I am in the world, that my joy may be complete in them.
- I have given them thy word;
and the world hated them, because they were not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
- What I request is not that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst protect them from evil.
- For they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
- ¶ O Father, sanctify them in thy truth, because thy word is truth.
- Just as thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
- And for their sakes, I am sanctifying myself, so that they also may be sanctified in the truth.
- ¶ I am not making request for these alone, but also for the sake of those who believe in me through their word.
- So that they all may be one;
just as thou, my Father, art with me, and I am with thee, that they also may be one with us;
so that the world may believe that thou didst send me.
- And the glory which thou gavest me, I gave to them;
so that they may be one just as we are one.
- I with them and thou with me, that they may become perfected in one;
so that the world may know that thou didst send me, and that thou didst love them just as thou didst love me.
- ¶ O Father, I wish that those whom thou hast given me may also be with me where I am, so that they may see my glory which thou hast given me;
for thou hast loved me before the foundation of the world.
- O my righteous Father, the world did not know thee, but I have known thee;
and these have known that thou hast sent me.
- And I have made thy name known to them, and I am still making it known, so that the love with which thou hast loved me may be among them, and I be with them.