- ¶ THEN Job answered and said,
- Why do you try to help him who is powerless?
Why do you try to save the arm that has no strength?
- How have you counselled him who has no wisdom?
And how have you expounded so many doctrines?
- To whom have you uttered words?
And whose soul has come forth from you?
- ¶ Behold, the mighty men shall be slain, and they shall lie down quieter than still waters.
- Sheol is naked before him, and destruction has no covering.
- He stretches out the north from the empty place, and hangs the earth upon nothing.
- He binds up the waters in his thick clouds;
and the cloud is not rent under them.
- He holds fast the covering of the firmament, and spreads his cloud upon it.
- He has circled the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
- The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
- He rebukes the sea with his power, and by his wisdom he saves many.
- By his spirit he manages the heavens;
his hand slew the fleeing serpent.
- Lo, these are merely parts of his ways;
and what evil thing have we heard against him?
And the greatness of his might who can understand?