- ¶ AT this also man’s heart trembles, and is moved out of its place.
- Listen attentively to the raging of his voice, and the judgment that goes out of his mouth.
- Under the whole of heaven the people shall praise him, and his light shines upon the ends of the earth.
- In his own place, he thunders with the voice of his excellency;
and he will not need to search them out when his voice is heard.
- God thunders with his voice;
great and marvellous things does he, which we cannot understand.
- ¶ For he said to the snow, Fall on the earth;
likewise to the gentle rain, and to the heavy rain;
- He limits the power of every man, that all men may know his work.
- Then the wild beasts go into their lurking places, and remain in their dens.
- Out of the inner chambers comes the whirlwind;
and cold out of the downpour.
- By the breath of God ice is given;
and he causes abundant water to pour down.
- The clouds are stretched out greatly;
he spreads the clouds by his light.
- And they turn round about by his counsels, that they may do whatever he commands them upon the face of his habitable earth.
- He causes it to rain, whether it be for the princes or for the land or for kindness to those who are found upon it.
- ¶ Hearken to this, O Job: listen and consider the wondrous works of God.
- Do you know what God has ordained for them, and what causes the light of his clouds to shine?
- Do you know the balancing of the clouds, the wondrous works of him who is perfect in knowledge?
- Do you know why your garments get hot when the earth changes its position after the equinox?
- Were you with him when he spread out the great sky, helping him hold it up?
- Teach us what we shall say to him, that we may not hide because of the darkness.
- Relate to him that which he has said;
and if a man speaks, surely he shall be consumed.
- ¶ And now men cannot see the light which shines in the sky;
but the wind passes and cleanses it.
- Golden gleams come out of the north;
and light shines from God.
- As for the Almighty, he is excellent in power and in justice;
the Prince of the righteous will not afflict his people.
- Therefore men shall fear him, and all that are wise in heart shall tremble before him.