- ¶ NOW Joshua was old and advanced in years;
and the LORD said to him, Behold, you are old and advanced in years, and there remains yet very much land to be possessed.
- This is the land that yet remains in all regions of the Philistines and in all the country of En-dor,
- From Sihor, which is before Egypt, as far as the border of Ekron northward, which is counted to the Canaanites;
five lords of the Philistines;
the Gazathites, the Ashdothites, the Eshkalonites, the Gittites, and the Ekronites;
and also the Avites to the south;
- And all the land of the Canaanites, and Maarthah which belongs to the Sidonians, as far as Aphik, to the border of the Amorites;
- And the land of Gebal, and all Lebanon, toward the sunrising, from Gilead below mount Hermon to the entrance of Hamath.
- All the inhabitants of the mountains from Lebanon to the place of hot waters, and all the Sidonians, will I the LORD drive out from before the children of Israel;
only divide the land by lot to the Israelites as I have commanded you.
- ¶ Now therefore divide this land as an inheritance to the nine tribes, and the half tribe of Manasseh along with them,
- Because the Reubenites and the Gadites and the half of the tribe of Manasseh have received their inheritance which Moses gave them beyond the Jordan eastward, as my servant Moses gave them;
- From Adoer, which is on the bank of the river Arnon, and the city which is in the middle of the valley, and all the plain which is westward as far as Ribon;
- And all the towns of Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon, to the border of the children of Ammon;
- And Gilead, and the territory of En-dor and of Koros, and all mount Hermon, and all Mathnin to Salcah;
- All the kingdom of Og in Mathnin, who reigned in Ashtaroth and in Erdei, who was left of the remnant of the giants, whom Moses slew, and Israel possessed their land.
- Nevertheless the children of Israel did not destroy the people of En-dor and Koros;
so the En-dorites and the Korosites dwell among the children of Israel until this day.
- Only to the tribe of Levi he gave no inheritance, because the offerings of the LORD God of Israel are their inheritance, as Moses had said.
- And Moses gave an inheritance to the tribe of the Reubenites according to their families.
- And their territory was from Adoer, which is on the bank of the river Arnon, and the town which is in the middle of the valley, and all the plain as far as Riba;
- And Heshbon, and all the towns which are in the plain;
Ribon and Math-Baal and Beth-beni-ammon
- And Jahaz and Kermoth and Aenath
- And Koriathaim and Shammah and Jazreth and Seir on the mount of the valley
- And Beth-peor and Ashtaroth and Pisgah and Beth-jeshimoth
- And all the cities of the plain and all the kingdom of Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon, whom Moses and the children of Israel slew in Midian, both him and his princes, Evi, Rakim, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, the five princes of Sihon, who dwelt in the land.
- Balaam also, the son of Beor, the soothsayer, did the children of Israel slay with the sword along with the rest of them that were slain by them.
- And the border of the Reubenites was the region of the Jordan.
This is the inheritance of the Reubenites according to their families, the cities and the villages thereof.
- And Moses gave an inheritance to the tribe of Gad, according to their families.
- And their territory was Jazer and all the cities of Gilead and half the land of the children of Ammon to Adoer which is before Rabbath;
- And from Heshbon to Ramath-mizpah, and Betonin;
and from Mahanaim to the border of Debir;
- And in the valley, Beth-atim and Beth-nimrah and Succoth and the region northward and the rest of the kingdom of Sihon king of Heshbon, and their borders extended as far as the Jordan, and to the edge of the sea of Chinnereth beyond the Jordan eastward.
- This is the inheritance of the Gadites by their families, the cities and their villages.
- And Moses gave an inheritance to the half tribe of Manasseh;
and this was the possession of the half tribe of Manasshites by their families.
- And their territory was from Mahanaim, all Mathnin, all the kingdom of Og king of Mathnin, and all the villages of Jair, which are in Mathnin, sixty towns;
- And half Gilead, and Ashtaroth and Edrei, cities of the kingdom of Og in Mathnin.
These cities and their villages Moses gave to the children of Machir the son of Manasseh, to the half of the children of Machir by their families.
- These two tribes and the half of the tribe of Manasseh Moses gave an inheritance in the plains of Moab, beyond the Jordan, eastward.
- But to the tribe of Levi Moses gave no inheritance;
because, as he said to them, the LORD God of Israel was their inheritance.