- ¶ AND the lot of the descendants of Joseph fell from the Jordan by Jericho to the waters of Jericho on the east, into the wilderness that goes up from Jericho to mount Beth-el,
- And goes out from Beth-el to Luz, and then passes along to the border of Ebra and Ataroth,
- And goes down westward to the border of Palta, as far as the border of Beth-hauran, the lower, then to Gadar;
and its limits extended to the sea.
- So the descendants of Joseph, Manasseh and Ephraim, received their inheritance.
- ¶ And the border of the descendants of Ephraim according to their families was thus: the boundary of their inheritance was Ataroth and Addar, as far as Beth-hauran, the upper;
- Then the border went westward to the northern portion;
after which the border turned eastward below Shiloh, and passed by it on the east of Jaloh;
- And it went down from Jaloh to Ataroth and Jagrath and Pagar, and came to Jericho, and went out of Tappuah to the Jordan;
- And the border went out westward to the river Kabah;
and the limits thereof were at the sea.
This is the inheritance of the tribe of the descendants of Ephraim by their families.
- And the cities which were set apart for the descendants of Ephraim were within the inheritance of the children of Manasseh, all the cities with their villages.
- And they did not destroy the Canaanites that dwelt in Gadar;
so the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites to this day, but they were brought into subjection, and they pay tribute.