- ¶ THEN the whole congregation of the children of Israel assembled together at Shiloh, and set up the tabernacle of the congregation there.
And the land was subdued before them.
- ¶ And there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes which had not yet received their inheritance.
- And Joshua said to the children of Israel, How long will you be backward about going in and possessing the land which the LORD God of your fathers has given you?
- Choose for yourselves three men from each tribe;
and I will send them, and they shall rise and go through the land, and survey and describe it according to their inheritance;
and they shall come again to me.
- And they shall divide the land into seven parts;
Judah shall remain in their territory on the south, and the house of Joseph shall remain in their territory on the north.
- And you shall therefore map out the land into seven parts, and then bring the map here, and I will cast lots for you here before the LORD our God.
- But the Levites have no part among you;
for the priesthood of the LORD is their inheritance;
and Gad and Reuben and half the tribe of Manasseh have received their inheritance beyond the Jordan to the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.
- And the men arose and went away;
and Joshua charged those who went to map the land, saying, Go and walk through the land, and map it, and come again here to me, that I may cast lots for you before the LORD in Shiloh.
- And the men went and passed through the land, and mapped it by towns into seven parts on a scroll, and came again to Joshua at the city of Shiloh.
- And Joshua cast lots for them in Shiloh before the LORD;
and there Joshua divided the land to the children of Israel into districts.
- ¶ And the lot of the tribe of Benjamin came up according to their families;
and the territory of their inheritance came forth between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph.
- And their border on the north side was from the Jordan;
and the border went up to the side of Jericho on the north side, and went up through the mountain westward;
and the extreme limits thereof were at the wilderness of Beth-aon.
- And the border went over from thence toward Luz, to the side of Luz, that is Beth-el, southward;
then the border descended to Ataroth-adar, upon the mountain that lies south of lower Beth-hauran.
- And the border extended to the side of the sea southward, from the mountain that lies before Beth-hauran southward;
and the limits thereof were at Koriath-baal, which is Koriath-narin, a city of the children of Judah: this is the sea side.
- And the southern boundary was from the end of Koriath-narin, and the border went out to the sea, and went out to the fountain of waters of Naphtali:
- Then the border descended to the end of the mountain that lies before the valley of the son of Hinnom, which is in the valley of the Giants on the north, and went down to the valley of the son of Hinnom, to the side of the Jebusites on the south, then descended to En-dogel,
- And was drawn from the north, and went to the En-shemesh, and thence towards Galilee, which is opposite the ascent of Ramin, then descended to Leban, and Bohan which belonged to the son of Reuben,
- And passed along towards the side which is opposite the plain northward, and went down to the plain;
- Then the border passed along to the side of Beth-hoglah northward;
and the limits of the border were at the northern bay of the Salt Sea at the side of the Jordan southward;
this was the south border.
- And the Jordan was its border on the east side.
This was the inheritance of the children of Benjamin, by the borders thereof round about, according to their families.
- Now the cities of the tribe of the children of Benjamin according to their families were Jericho, Beth-hoglah, Amak, and Keziz,
- Beth-arabah, Zemaraim, Beth-el,
- Avin, Parah, Ophrah,
- Chephar-aomka, Ophli, and Gaba;
fourteen cities with their villages;
- Gibeon, Ramtha, Beeroth,
- Mizpah, Chepirah, Mozah,
- Rakim, Repeel, Taralah,
- Zelah, Geberah, and Jebusi, that is, Jerusalem, Gibeath, and Koriathaim;
fourteen cities with their villages.
This is the inheritance of the children of Benjamin according to their families.