- ¶ AND the LORD spoke to Moses and said to him,
- Speak to the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived and bear a male child, then she shall be unclean seven days;
according to the days of her menstruation she shall be unclean.
- And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
- And she shall continue for thirty-three days in the blood of her purifying;
she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.
- But if she bears a female child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her menstruation;
and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying for sixty-six days.
- ¶ And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to the priest;
- And he shall offer it before the LORD and make an atonement for her;
and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood.
This is the law for her who has borne a male child or a female.
- And if she cannot afford a lamb, then she shall bring two pigeons or two young turtledoves;
the one for the sin offering and the other for the burnt offering;
and the priest shall make an atonement for her and she shall be clean.