- ¶ AND the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- Speak to Aaron and to his sons and to all the children of Israel, and say to them, This is the thing which the LORD has commanded, saying,
- Any man whosoever be of the house of Israel, who kills an ox or a lamb or a goat in the camp, or who kills it outside the camp,
- And does not bring it to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation to offer it as an offering to the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD, blood shall be imputed to that man because he has shed blood;
and that man shall be cut off from among his people,
- To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices which they offer in the open field, that they may bring them before the LORD to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to the priest, and offer them for peace offerings to the LORD.
- And the priest shall sprinkle the blood upon the altar of the LORD at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation and burn the fat for a sweet savour to the LORD.
- And they shall no more offer their sacrifices to the demons after whom they have gone astray.
This shall be a statute for ever to them throughout their generations.
- And you shall say to them, Any man of the house of Israel or of the proselytes who sojourn among you who offers a burnt offering or a sacrifice
- And does not bring it to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation to offer it to the LORD, that man shall be cut off from among his people.
- ¶ And if any man of the children of Israel or of the proselytes who sojourn among you eats any manner of blood, I will pour out my anger against that person who eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
- For the life of the flesh is in the blood;
and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for yourselves;
for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.
- Therefore I have said to the children of Israel, No person among you shall eat blood, neither shall the proselytes who sojourn among you eat blood.
- And any man of the children of Israel or of the proselytes who sojourn among you who hunts and catches any beast or fowl that may be eaten, he shall pour out its blood and cover it with dust.
- For the life of all flesh is the blood thereof;
therefore I said to the children of Israel, You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof;
whosoever eats it shall be cut off.
- And every person who eats that which died of itself or that which was torn by wild beasts;
whether it be one of you or one of the proselytes who sojourn among you, he shall both wash his clothes and bathe himself in water and be unclean until the evening;
then shall he be clean.
- But if he does not wash them nor bathe his body, then he shall suffer for his iniquity.