- ¶ AND the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- Command the children of Israel to bring to you pure olive oil, beaten, to cause the lamps to burn continually.
- Outside the veil of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, shall Aaron set them in order from the evening to the morning before the LORD continually;
it is a statute for ever throughout your generations.
- He shall set the lamps in order upon the large candlestick before the LORD continually.
- And you shall take fine flour, and bake twelve cakes of it;
two tenths of an ephah shall be in each cake.
- And you shall set them in order in two rows, six in a row, upon the pure table before the LORD.
- And you shall put pure frankincense upon each row before the LORD, that it may be on the bread for a memorial, even an offering made by fire to the LORD.
- On the sabbath day Aaron shall set them in order before the LORD continually, as a gift from the children of Israel for an everlasting covenant.
- And it shall be Aaron’s and his sons’;
and they shall eat it in a holy place;
for it is a most holy to him of the offerings of the LORD made by fire by a perpetual statute.
- ¶ And the son of an Israelite woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel;
and this son of the Israelite woman and a man of Israel quarreled in the camp;
- And the Israelite woman’s son blasphemed the name of the LORD and cursed it.
And they brought him to Moses (and his mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan),
- And they put him in prison, till the LORD’S decision might be made known to them.
- And the LORD spoke to Moses and said to him,
- Bring outside the camp him who has cursed;
and let all who heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
- And you shall speak to the children of Israel, saying, Whosoever curses his God shall suffer for his sin.
- And he who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall surely stone him;
the proselyte as well as the Israelite, when he blasphemes my name, shall be put to death.
- And he who kills any man shall surely be put to death.
- And he who kills a beast shall make it good;
beast for beast.
- And if a man causes a blemish in his neighbor, as he has done, so shall it be done to him;
- Wound for wound, eye for eye, tooth for tooth;
as he has caused a blemish in his neighbor, so shall it be done to him.
- And he who kills a beast shall restore it;
and he who kills a man shall be put to death.
- You shall have one manner of justice;
as for a proselyte, so for an Israelite;
for I am the LORD your God.
- And Moses spoke to the children of Israel, and they brought forth him who had cursed outside the camp, and stoned him with stones and he died.
And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.