- ¶ WHEN a person sins and hears the voice of swearing and is a witness, whether he has seen or known of it, if he do not tell it, then he shall suffer for his iniquity.
- Or if any person touches any unclean thing, whether it be a carcass of an unclean beast or a carcass of unclean cattle or the carcass of unclean creeping things, and disregards it, he also is unclean and guilty.
- Or if he touches the uncleanness of man, whatever uncleanness it be that a man shall be defiled with, and disregards it, and he knows that he has sinned;
- Or if any person swears with his lips to do evil or to do good, in whatever decision a man has sworn by an oath, and he disregards it, and yet he knows that he has sinned in one of these things,
- And it shall be when he shall be guilty in one of these things that he shall confess that he has sinned in that thing;
- And he shall bring as his trespass offering to the LORD for his sin that he has committed, a female from the flock, a lamb or a female kid of the goats, for a sin offering;
and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin;
- ¶ And if he cannot afford to bring a she lamb, then he shall bring for his sin offering two turtledoves or two young pigeons, one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.
- And he shall bring them to the priest, who shall offer that which is for the sin offering first, and he shall wring off its head from its neck, but shall not sever it;
- And he shall sprinkle some of the blood of the sin offering upon the side of the altar;
and the rest of the blood shall be wrung out at the bottom of the altar;
it is a sin offering.
- And he shall offer the second for a burnt offering, according to the ritual;
and the priest shall make an atonement for him for his sin which he has committed and it shall be forgiven him.
- But if he cannot afford two turtledoves or two young pigeons, then he shall bring for his offering for the sin which he has committed the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering;
he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon;
for it is a sin offering.
- Then he shall bring it to the priest, and the priest shall take his handful of it as a memorial thereof and burn it on the altar according to the offerings made by fire to the LORD;
it is a sin offering.
- And the priest shall make an atonement for him for the sin which he has committed in any one of these things, and it shall be forgiven him;
and the rest shall be the priest’s as a meal offering.
- ¶ And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- If any person commits a trespass and sins through ignorance in the holy things of the LORD;
then he shall bring for his trespass offering to the LORD a ram without blemish out of the flocks, valued in money at two shekels of silver, according to the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering;
- And the sinner shall make amends for the harm that he has done in the holy thing, and shall add a fifth part to it and give it to the priest;
and the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering and it shall be forgiven him.
- And if any person sins and commits any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD;
though he does not know that he has sinned, yet he is guilty and shall suffer for his iniquity.
- And he shall bring to the priest a ram of value without blemish out of the flocks for a trespass offering;
and the priest shall make an atonement for him for his ignorance in erring, even though he knew it not, and it shall be forgiven him.
- It is a trespass offering;
he certainly shall bring an offering to the LORD.