- ¶ JESUS then looked at the rich men who were casting their offerings into the treasury.
- And he also saw a poor widow, who cast in two pennies.
- And he said, Truly I say to you that this poor widow has cast in more than every man.
- For all these cast into the house of the offerings of God of their abundance;
but she out of her poverty has cast in everything she has earned.
- ¶ While some men were talking about the temple, that it was adorned with beautiful stones and gift offerings, Jesus said to them,
- These things which you see will be destroyed;
the days will come when not a stone will be left upon a stone, which will not be torn down.
- And they asked him, saying, Teacher, when will these things happen?
and what is the sign when these things are about to happen?
- He said to them, Be careful that you may not be deceived;
for many will come in my name, and say, I am the Christ;
and the time is near;
but do not follow them.
- And when you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be afraid;
for all these things must first come to pass;
but the end is not vet.
- For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
- And there will be great earthquakes in different places, and famines and plagues;
and there will be alarming sights, and great signs will appear from heaven;
and the winters will be severe.
- But before all these things, they will lay hands on you and persecute you and deliver you to the synagogues and the prisons;
and they will bring you before kings and governors for the sake of my name.
- It will be to you for a testimony.
- Treasure it in your hearts, and do not try to learn what to answer.
- For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your enemies will not be able to withstand.
- You will be delivered up even by your parents and brothers, and your relatives and friends;
and they will put some of you to death.
- And you will be hated by every man because of my name.
- And yet not a hair of your head will be lost.
- By your patience you will gain your souls.
- ¶ But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by an army, then know that its destruction is at hand.
- Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountain;
and let those who are within it flee;
and let those who are in the fields not enter into it.
- For these are the days of vengeance, so that everything which is written must be fulfilled.
- But woe to those who are with child, and to those who give suck in those days!
For there will be great distress in the land, and wrath to this people.
- And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and they will be taken captive to every country;
and Jerusalem will be trodden under the feet of the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles comes to an end.
- And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars;
and on earth distress of the nations, and confusion because of the roaring of the sea;
- And upheaval that takes life out of men, because of fear of what is to come on earth;
and the powers of the universe will be shaken.
- Then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with a large army and great glory.
- But when these things begin to happen, have courage and lift up your heads, because your salvation is at hand.
- ¶ And he spoke to them a parable, Look at the fig tree and all the trees;
- When they put forth leaves, you immediately understand by them that summer is near.
- Even so you also, when you see these things happen, know that the kingdom of God is near.
- Truly I say to you, This generation will not pass away until all these things happen.
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
- But take heed to yourselves, that your hearts may not become heavy by extravagance and drunkenness and worries of this world, and that day come suddenly upon you.
- For like a downpour it will entrap all those who dwell on the face of all the earth.
- Therefore keep watch always and pray, that you may be worthy to escape all these things which are to happen, and that you may stand before the Son of man.
- During the day he taught in the temple;
and at night he went out and lodged in the mountain which is called the Place of Olives.
- And all the people came ahead of him to the temple, to hear him.